Wednesday, April 02, 2008

It's All About The Money

So it just occurred to me just how all my current, most pressing problem can be solved with money. Moneymoneymoney.

With money, I could move into the Radian, a wonderfulexpensive new housing project that's being built just half a block from where I'm staying. Brand, spanking new furniture, recreation room, gym, retail shops, restaurants, and best of all, your. Own. Washing. Machine. Yes, and it also costs almost twice my monthly rent. Don't get me wrong. I love my room (aka Club 709). Its cosy, warm, and I have an amazingly comfortable queen sized bed. I have the best roommate in the world. Our place is the number 1 choice for pregames, beer pong, dvd watching, and silly drunken games. But I hate being cut off from the world, I hate being woken up in the middle of the night by the glare of the kitchen light.

Oh, why do I even bother. It's not going to happen anyway.

With money, I could do what I can't publicly state on this blog. Such a paradox, such a paradox, that the very source of my opportunities should also shackle me to a fate I dread.

A small, gnawing, cold disquiet has gripped me the past few days. Perhaps due to a combination of factors. Damn it, it's always these small, little hiccups that clump together and ruin my mood. I get tired, cranky, and stare into space. (and blog long, incoherent posts, apparently.) Am I jaded so easily? Perhaps it is opportunities, or the opportunity of opportunities, of a new, exciting future that fuel my spirit. Take them away, tell me that I (and I hate to say it) failed, and I am an empty shell. It always begins with that word "unfortunately".. as if its a fucking twist of fate. Then a sympathetic smile, the cursory courtesy, and they leave you alone to rot and mull over what went wrong.

Another form of disquiet lately, affected by small, unintended words. A sense of foreboding?
I need to steel myself.

Oh, give me back my innocence, my optimism, my life-grabbing zest.

he rocked the party at 11:06 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.