Thursday, February 28, 2008

Bliss

I believe that it is precisely periods like these that define my college experience and make me ever so happy to be alive:

Riding the post-show euphoria of 'well-done's and 'good job's, actually having time to attend random events (like Sophomore Skimmer tonight and a talk by BILL CLINTON tomorrow! Im excited), meetups with long neglected friends for lunch and Spring Break preparations, and of course: you, you, you. :)

The show itself was amazing: We had a decent Friday crowd and a sell-out Saturday. Everything went by so quickly, bringing back reminiscent memories from 2 Rapture concerts back in high school. Quick costume changes, stinky changing rooms, blasting hip-hop as we danced around in our underwear for behind the scenes cameras. Not doing a single.bit.of.work during hellweek.

Painfully embarrassing videos on stage (I swear: every Asian girl probably thinks I'm gay) Stage lights of white, red, purple. The infectious, amazing, screaming crowd, yelling out your name and waving signs. The roar of delight when they saw us bounding on stage, half naked, with coconuts strapped to our bodies. Hahaha. And the dancing. The actual dancing on the stage, doing that one move we've been perfecting for the past 5 months, gone in a flash, but perfectly executed. Everything seemed to move in slow motion. Even the merciless tinikling sticks seemed slower, giving me time to anticipate, think, look up into the audience and smile. :)

Smiling. Post concert, with flowers and group photos and back-pats. "Thank you for coming and hope you enjoyed the show"s, jokes with silly half-grins ("I swear: I'm not gay. Really!") Recounting, over and over and over again, just which parts the audience loved.



I also have to make the announcement that I, seemingly infallible, heartless, commitment phobic, cynical, flirtatious (haha, or so I think), heartbreaking, fickle and fussy me has succumbed and has had my heart stolen, by the one squirrel-looking girl I've ever wanted in Penn. :)

And its been bliss, pure bliss. Without the risk of this post falling into the trap of self-indulgency... oh, who am I kidding, it already has. Pancakes in the morning, pair profile pictures, coffee on my walkshift, engaging, silly conversations, and blissful, cuddly mornings that make me never want to get out of bed.

I know I sound disgustingly happy and positively glowing, but I don't care.

Now... perhaps I should get some work done for those 4 midterms next week.

he rocked the party at 1:07 AM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.