Friday, December 21, 2007

All I Want For Christmas

So the mayhem of the semester has finally died down: no more studying, parties, practices, performances, meetings, social obligations, assignments, and all of the frills and buzz that form so much of my identity during the academic year. Now, its just me and (unhealthy obsession with) YouTube, Facebook, New York, Princeton, and long lazy days sleeping in. And even that will be going away when I embark on my trip to Peru/Bolivia this Tuesday.

So in the midst of this sudden imposed lull, I've become acutely aware of how quiet campus is. 80% of the rooms in the high rises are dark, Locust Walk is devoid of fast walking students and people hustling fliers. And with the exception of the people I'm going to Peru with, I've run out of people to hang out with because they've all gone home. (with the exception of you, who drove me to Princeton and back today.. thank you! :)) Shops are playing Christmas carols, and Facebook has pictures of friends throwing parties for long lost high school friends not seen since the summer. New York has a big tree with pretty lights and Christmas carolers and Salvation Army people ringing bells and long lines at the Rockafella ice rink and a Christmas fair at Bryant Park.

And in the midst of it all, quite frankly, without the roaring company I've enjoyed all semester from having friends all around me, I'm missing home. And mum and dad and my sis. And my beloved 25th Student Council peeps who're organizing the most amazing NYE celebration ever. And driving at 3am to nowhere in particular. And clubbing at Zouk. And dance classes at Jitterbugs. And swimming in the sun.

Yes, I miss you, Singapore. Even if I don't mention it much on this blog, and even though I scorn at its (lack of) political freedom and myopic perspectives and immature characteristics, I still miss the essence of what I call "home".

Now now, I'm not usually this nostalgic, perhaps its because I usually don't have time to reflect about what defines me in this crazy collegiate life, or that because I'm such a chameleon that I can morph myself so easily into whatever environment I'm in through my activities and social networks and bustling lifestyle. But take that all away and I realize: I still need home.

I'm going to be leaving for Peru/Bolivia on Christmas eve, I really need to immerse myself into Third World country exploration and fun and forget about how much I miss you.

My Christmas wish list:
1. Mum and Dad and Vanessa
2. 25th Student Council NYE celebration
3. Everything else that defines home
4. To stop flirting with people I'm not serious with, and to stop wanting people I cannot have, and to have a person I can legitimately want.
5. That Dance Group. I have a good vibe about it. Maybe... next semester.
6. This Christmas: Ice skating and hot chocolate and holding hands and Love Actually
7. To stop worrying about my (shitty) grades and realize that I'm learning the most in my hardest classes.
8. Not to forget that "friendship" is a priority in life.
9. To be serious and start preparing for my future
10. God.

As an afterthought:
11. An iPhone
12. A welsh corgi
13. Mousy-looking girl(s)

Feliz Navidad, everyone!

he rocked the party at 11:46 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.