Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Random Elevator Talks

So my new policy in "I need to be more outgoing/sociable" strategy is talking in the elevators. In other words, I make it a point to talk to random strangers in elevators. Its really easy: you make some lame comment about the weather/complain about the management and its easy to get started. The only drawback is that the conversation only lasts for less than 60 seconds.

Still, its a nice non-threatening way to meet people, and possibly that cute girl that lives on the 4th floor (that's just a generic term, btw, I dont actually know any cute girls that live on the 4th floor. - except you gina, because I know you're reading this. hahahaa) Already, some good has come out of this elevator talking: I got into the elevator with this nice old lady who was carrying a humongous reproduction of Fredrick Douglass' "Family Grace". I said, "nice painting!" and she explained that she was an artist who bought it only for the frame, and didnt want the actual painting, so she gave it to me. (and got off on the 3rd floor with me just to prise the painting from its frame!) Yay for random acts of kindness :)

Speaking of random acts of kindness, thank goodness for the one single kindhearted Chestnut Hall manager who replaced my key for free after I lost it last friday and was praying like mad for it to be returned. Really, if you want to make someone's day, just show a little mercy and a little help, and it'll go a long way. I'd gladly buy him dinner for that little good deed he did. Prayer helps mucho lots too.

I'm kind of undecided on what I should do about this.. situation I'm in. Damn my greed, my commitment phobia and my overactive social/intellectual needs. Am I falling back into my same past mistakes, or am I just being fussy? Bah.

he rocked the party at 11:59 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.