Monday, September 10, 2007

Three Strikes

So I've been bitchedslapped by that dance group yet again, for the third time. Owtch. Didn't even get called back, which was a serious blow to the ego. Either I'm seriously mistaken about my ability to dance, or they must -really- hate me. haha. Either way, three strikes and I'm out :(

Have you ever wanted something so badly, it pervades your every thought, your every being, that everything else fades in comparison? I have.
Have you ever felt it slip through your fingers, leaving you to wonder why life is so unfair? I have.


In another environment, another context, another circumstance, maybe things would be different, but alas, it wasnt meant to be.

Another slap to the face: they friggin flyered for more people to audition today! How infuriating.

Nonetheless, I hold nothing against them. They have their own reasons, and they are an amazing hip hop group. (the audition choreography was friggin perfect. sigh) My love of performance and hiphop will still bring me to their shows, and I still respect all of them immensely. I will, however, be forever wondering -why- it had turned out this way. Will I try out again? Perhaps, if I feel that I have improved tremendously over this semester, but it is highly unlikely. Perhaps they have already formed their bias against me, and no matter what I do it would probably not make a dent. And besides, more than three times is a bit much, not to mention embarrassing. We shall see, we shall see.

Well then, one must move on.

I've tried out for Dha|ma|ka, an all male south asian hiphop fusion group (and one of the most popular groups on campus) as well as the West Phi||y Sw|in|gers. Quite hilariously, I got called back for Dha|ma|ka, even though I tried out for fun and quite seriously thought I'd screwed up my audition. Still waiting for Swin|gers to get back to me. Like I said, both seem to pale in comparison as compared to that dance group in terms of having the right fit for me, but one does what he can.

You never know, a new love for Bhangra/swing dancing may emerge within my hiphop consumed soul.

he rocked the party at 9:03 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.