Monday, September 17, 2007

Opportunities

So forgive me for the lack of updates the past week. I've only just recently decided that I should START doing work and getting into the daily routine. About time too, seeing that its already the THIRD FRICKIN WEEK OF SCHOOL and I have a mountain of work to plough through.

Well, you really cant blame me. After the rejection from F|u|nk, I sort of expanded my mind to the billion and one other possibilities available on campus, and dived right in:

So for awhile, I entertained the possibility of forming my own dance group on campus, given the lack of hiphop alternatives other than oh-i-really-want-to-join-them F|u|nk. (a totally irrelevant side note though: I've been told of people who've tried out for 7 semesters and still didnt get in, so I'm not that much of a hopeless/desperate case! Perhaps.. I should work on becoming "smoother" this semester, in response to my audition feedback. Like what the heck, right? I wish they'd tell me explicitly what they want)

I think the own dance group thing is highly feasible, with several good friends indicating their interest/support, which makes me highly encouraged.
Several conditions though, prevent me from jumping up and starting one from the go:
1. I dont have any choreographed material to sustain a weekly practice session, and its unlikely I can come up with a substantial amount in the near future.
2. The people that have expressed interest are all girls, and I need guys!!
3. Forming a dance group might be mistaken for a revenge driven action by a supposed "bitterly rejected me". No, its not. Hahahaah.
4. I have no experience whatsoever in being part of a PAC funded group, so I dont know how they operate, how they book rehearsal spaces, secure gigs, etc.

Soooooo.. in response to point #4, and in light of a promise to myself that this semester would be one of exploring opportunities, I auditioned for 5 dance groups on campus, and got into 3:
West Philly Swingers, Pan-Asian Dance Troupe, and Citystep (well, im still waiting for the results for this one, but im hoping like crazy that they'll accept.)

Citystep's more of a community service program where we teach 5th and 6th graders dance, choreography, self confidence and the like. Then the kids put up a big show at the end of the year, sort of like the movie Honey!

And now, I realize that, together with Overflow and Club Singapore, I'm currently signed up for FIVE extracurricular activities. Uh oh. Looks like I'll have to drop Figure Drawing class and leave drawing naked people to next year, when I have more time. Boo.

he rocked the party at 10:05 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.