Thursday, August 30, 2007

Jetset

Am scheduled to fly back to Penn tomorrow (after postponing my flight after my horrid struggle with my infection).

So I realize that while I may absolutely love to travel and collect experiences and meet interesting people from all over the world, I will always, always call Singapore my home (ooo sounds like a certain NDP song now, doesnt it?) Dont get me wrong. There are many things I dont like about this country, issues which probably shouldnt be discussed in a blog as widely read as this one, but there are also many things which I love about Singapore.

I love my friends: my bestest buddies who were willing to come visit me when I was sick, who would do silly things like sit in the middle of an Orchard Road junction and take a picture, with whom I shared so many memories with this summer - diving at Dayang, cooking at Nolan's house, midnight horror movies at Cathay, getting drunk at Zouk, getting drunk and playing 'never have i ever' at Temasek Hall, beach parties at Sentosa, midnight margaritas.. all that in half a summer!

Plus all these random meetups for coffee/dinner/prata with my dancers/Fel/council peeps/SIA colleagues/random people met at parties.. I will honestly miss calling just about anyone at 2am and still expect to be granted with company over a late night prata.

I love the foooooood: ban mian, chicken rice, nasi lemak, wantan mee, bak chor mee, prata, satay, beef noodles, ramly burger, char kueh diao, hokkien mee...
and the drinks! Omg, you dont know what its like to live without Yeo's till its gone.

I love the social scene: Really, its much easier to communicate when you can use distinctive singaporean terms that no one else in the world understands, but conveys so much more meaning. Much easier to flirt with too. And did I mention that Singaporean girls are the prettiest in the world? (possibly incurring the wrath of my international friends with that statement)

So as I leave once again, to start off my sophmore year in Penn, I'd like to say THANK YOU for the summer memories. I honestly wasnt expecting anything when I returned to Singapore other than a boring internship to contend with, but you, dear reader, you have taken my summer and turned it into the most dynamic one I've had yet. So thank you. :)

he rocked the party at 10:30 AM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.