Friday, April 27, 2007

Go Shorty, It's Your Birthday

So for the first time in my life, i feel OLD. Really. 22 is such an old number. As a freshman in college, when I tell people i'm 21, I get "wow! you're legal! that's so cool!" as replies. But now, when I say that I'm 22, people respond with a "Man, that's old." And I feel like I've reached the point where the increase in digits doesnt really mean much. (Like you know how there's a big difference between 17 and 18, 20 and 21, etc. Well, there's no difference between 22, 23, 24...)

You will NOT believe the number of times the word "old" appeared on my facebook wall and my birthday cards. Its ridiculous. Soon people are gonna start calling me "uncle".

That said, the birthday this year was a good one. Well, we're right in the middle of Reading Days so it wasnt awesomely amazingly surprising and big-bangish like last year's 21st (I still remember the drunken Changi Sailing Club party, and the 21 shots at Penn!), but.. pleasant, no doubt.

Ok fine, so I know everyone's dying to know the outcome of my little romantic escapade. The outcome was.. expected, of course. In my opinion, it couldn't have gone any better, and was definitely less awkward than i'd expected it to be. A little heart tug, but nothing more. And I definitely left feeling much much much better than I did this entire week, with the agonizing "what-ifs" that come with silly instances of puppy love. I think we both managed to clear things up really well. So I'm finally able to concentrate on real, tangible, live-life-to-the-fullest college life now, and I think I'm gonna look back at this one year later and laugh my head off.
Only downside: when i next try to impress another girl, I wont be able to pull off the same trick again. Dammit.

But enough of that, what really made my day was feeling amazingly lucky because of all my friends around me:
With hallmates who surprised me with a signed card pasted to my door, or a Ben & Jerry's cake with Penn Singaporeans, or a hug, a text message, and a phone call all at once at the stroke of midnight, or my facebook wall FLOODED with birthday greetings, or a dinner at Karen's with old NSO friends, or an email/sms from my one and only BRUDDAS back in Sg (hello eug, ervin, nol and isky!), I feel so wonderfully amazingly blessed.

It's gonna be an awesome year :)

he rocked the party at 1:16 AM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.