Sunday, April 01, 2007

Chillout

Its weird how I was up to my ears in frickin work+midterms+diaspura last week, and then suddenly left with absolutely nothing to do this past week. This week, I had time to go to the gym, do my taxes, send documents back home, repair my ipod, register for classes next semester and this summer (have decided to stay in Penn this summer and forego Berkeley. The academic departments here have made trying to transfer credit back to Penn such a bitch process, and plus I have to find sublettors for the whole summer, its just too much of a hassle)

And... this weekend was the best/chillest weekend I've had this semester. Sort of a timely reminder of how i SHOULD be spending college, instead of working my ass off.

Friday was celebrating Dalglish's birthday at fabulously-expensive-but-oh-so-heavenly-desserts Buddakan and champagne at Tangerine after. Cheers to the best conversation I've had this year with Dalglish, Nadia, Gina, Rachel and Cynthia about the College/Wharton debate (of which my stand for a liberal arts education is getting stronger by the day), relationships, how college life should be spent, and life in general.
Personal vows made:
1. Not to make the mistake of studying too hard like what I did this semester. I sacrificed my life for books the past 10 weeks, and I have nothing to show for it, not even good grades. So screw it if I cant get another semester of 4.0 GPA, these are the last 4 years I have left to have fun.
2. To live more weekends like this one.
3. To have more "Edward" type of holidays, ie: to spend freely, to not be giam for once, and drink copious amounts of alcohol in the process. (see Edward, you've become a frickin adjective.)

Pictures!

Famous big Buddha


Helloooo Chocolate Pagoda and Chocolate Bento Box!


Yay to good conversations and champagne at Tangerine!


Saturday afternoon was spent in New York to catch a Gordon Matta-Clark exhibition at the Whitney Museum, as part of my second art history field trip. Unfortunately, no photos were allowed, which was a pity. His works are really amazing, breaking the common misconception that contemporary art is mostly comprised of "a single dot on a white wall" as suggested by a friend today. It's not.

Rushing back in time to perform "The Father's Love" with Overflow at the Full Measure concert (making it just in the nick of time, no thanks to the hopelessly unreliable New York subway system). Full Measure was astounding, as usual, though I had much preferred the acoustics of the venue of their previous show.

And a grand way to end off the night: going with Caroline to catch STRICTLY FUNK's 365 concert, which blew me away and inspired me to new heights, as usual. And yes Andrea, we love you (!!!). I hope they accept me next year. Will just have to keep practicing over the summer, I guess.

It's been a very liberating weekend: All at once, I feel free from studies, free from the pressure of Wharton, free from forcing a love life (I have found that I have no emotion for the said eye-candy that has been the subject of previous posts anymore, though.. there is hope on another horizon...), and just free, in general, to pursue that college life that I set out to embrace almost one year ago.

he rocked the party at 12:46 AM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.