Friday, March 02, 2007

Sweet Home Alabama

So I have to get up in 4 hours time for my Alternate Spring Break trip to Mobile, Alabama (yes, I know: RANDOM), but of course I couldnt leave you, dear reader, without one last post before I take my well deserved one-week break.

To answer the flurry of questions I get when I tell people I'm going to Mobile, Alabama (WHY????), here are the answers:
What we're doing: Hurricane relief for a small coastal town that was also hit by Hurricane Katrina. They might actually be worse off than New Orleans because they have less resources to recover.
What we're specifically doing: roofing and interior work (useful skills if i ever wanna build my own house, i guess)
Why?: Because selfish ol me, who has never done an hour of truly voluntary community service in his life, (teaching kids at cssp doesnt count, i did it for the 99 hours of CIP), decided that his Lenten sacrifice this year should be one where he willingly gives back to society for a change.
Why Alabama?: Because I was so touched by the song "sweet home alabama."... haha got you there. No, its actually because the New Orleans trip got cancelled. (dammit)

Why I'm excited:
1. I'm the only Asian in my entire group of 14. Its high time I started getting to know more white people. Honestly. I'm in the frickin US and its stupid that I have more asian friends than white ones.
2. My group's kha-razy, judging from our non-sober pre-trip get-to-know-you-cum-get-drunk-on-cheap-wine-and-vodka session last night. Too bad about the no alcohol policy on the trip though. Sigh.
3. We're sleeping on sleeping bags! On the floor! And showers are a 15 minute drive away from the community centre we're staying at. Is that rustic or what, babies.
4. Day trip to New Orleans on wednesday for a break!
5. Because this trip is a combination of a dozen factors I have never experienced before: almost entirely white group, community service, olde style small town down south, pardner...etcetc.

So wish me luck, and I will bring back stories of good karma generated!

Feelings about tonight's activity: I am intrigued, to say the least. Although I find myself not caring as much as I did 2 weeks ago. Perhaps its the mere challenge that keeps me interested. I cant think of anything else.

he rocked the party at 11:29 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.