Sunday, January 28, 2007

Well-Spent Weekend

I swear, my titles are becoming more and more unimaginative.

Anyways, this weekend proved to be the first truly satisfying one this year, one which has left me smiling with the happy knowledge that I spent it... well. There's no other way to describe it. I didnt put up any performances, didnt get drunk, didnt rush for some mindless wayang interview.. none of the other big event crap that lasts for a couple of hours and leaves me recovering from it for the entire weekend.

And because I know how painful these narrative accounts can get for you, dear reader, I shall make it as chopchop as possible. But I do have to share the very first item with you:

1) Dia Beacon
As part of my art history freshmen seminar, our professor offered a non-compulsory field trip to Dia Beacon, a contemporary art gallery 1.5 hours away from New York City. Honestly, I was as reluctant as hell to go, since its 3 hours there and another 3 back, but I'm glad I did it.

Dia beacon is a large brick building by the Hudson River, its exterior hardly changed from its old function as a factory and a printing press. But the interior is fantastic, and unexpectedly impressed me. Polished wooden floors, entirely lit by sunlight, and the simplistic art pieces that are free from any symbolic interpretation. My description will never do justice to it here, so visit the website and look at the pictures. Its as exquisite as MoMA, without the complex floors and crowds, and free from pretence. In my opinion, the way art should be.

I never thought I'd be interested in art of any sort, but my favourite contemporary artist has to be Sol LeWitt. But I'll tell you more about him another time.

2) Coming back to Philly and chilling at Tangerine with rich, successful Penn seniors. I'm really happy at where I am now, but honestly, why do I feel like I'm such a far cry from these beautiful, charming, successful people? I suppose its a senior thing, but as of now, all I can do is be inspired by them. Club 125 after that was horrid though. Only regret of the weekend.

3) $20 breakfast (omigoodness) at RX! Best poached eggs I've eaten in my life.

4) Restaurant Week dinner at the fabulous Paradigm, for less than $50! Salmon, steak, tiramisu, red wine, and bathroom doors which are transparent, but turn opaque when unlocked. Ah, to live a life of opulence.

One day, one day, all my weekends will be like this.

he rocked the party at 11:21 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.