Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Of Monkeys and Frats

So we finally staged the CSA cultural show: The Monkey King on Saturday, and surprise, surprise, it turned out to be more successful then we expected. To be honest, I thought it was a lame-ass script (see the pics below), and right before the show I had a panic attack that our jokes were going to be met with stony silence before the audience starts pelting us with rotten bananas. But to our suprise, we had the audience roaring with laughter (admittedly, over jokes that werent meant to be funny).

Memorable unexpected moments:
When we dropped and broke a shot glass on stage.
When I couldnt find my jacket and had to wear an oversized, mismatched one.
When, during my scene as Professor, I panicked for a second when the students didnt appear on stage with me when they were supposed to, and covered it up with a quick-thinking, "WHY ARE YOU SO LATE?"
When Melody actually slapped Patrick and actually kicked me in the ribs. Owtch.
When Jon's ridiculous moustache was half hanging from his upper lip, causing the cast to forget their lines in the midst of controlling our laughter.

Rehearsal: "Ultimate Boss Power Move!!" (wind blows, everyone flies around stage)

Unflattering photo of me as Tai Sheng Lao Jun (Honky accent included) with Dick, uhm, I mean Jean.
Some of the monkeys, (read: cast) monkeying around

Cast pic!

Ah, good times, good times.

Also, remember the post about me becoming a frat boy? Well, I almost became one this week! Like what I said, its not what you think. I "rushed" (terminology for socializing and getting to know the members) for a business frat, which is very different from the social frats you see in the movies. I wont bore you with a long description of what business frats are, but basically they emphasize on professional events and are co-ed. Sort of like Student Council. But with no Iskandar. (heh heh)

Well, you know my initial abhorrence to anything Wh@rton related, so I had to be dragged to their information session last week, which really impressed me and changed my opinions of business frats as a whole. Hence the rushed decision to rush (pardon the pun), which got me right through closed rush and up till the interview. However, my main grouse was the fact that pledging is so time consuming that its been known to cut you off from friends and affect your gpa. So hence followed 2 days of indecision similar to me "should i do a dual degree or graduate studies" dilemma, which resulted in me deciding that perhaps I'm not ready to throw myself into full time commitment just yet.

So, I've decided to take it slow this semester and concentrate on the commitments I already have. As my army boss would say, "Steady... steady..." Still, my opinions about the Wh@rton world have changed, (of course, the lure of a lucrative Finance career has nothing to do with it). I dont doubt the networking/training advantages of being a part of this world, but Im not about to abandon my "I want to take advantage of a liberal arts education" plan just yet.

he rocked the party at 11:37 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.