Wednesday, August 09, 2006

Withdrawal Symptoms

It's almost been a week since we've parted. At first, I was determined not to miss her, not to let her be like the 2 others before. I packed my schedule with meetups, dinners and work, just so that I wouldnt think about her. But everyone I met seemed to want to talk about her, making me give ambigious answers, restraining myself from giving a full-blown account that only I myself would appreciate.

And though I had no photos, nor videos to remind me of her, she crept into my mind whenever those songs ended up on my iPod playlist, and I found myself reliving 4th August once again...

Ok lah, I admit it: I miss Rapture. :)

Excerpts from the post-concert email I wrote to the dancers:

"Okay, the point of this very boh liao post is this: That i loved it.
I loved every single minute of rehearsal, costume/prop preparation,
performance, and time spent with you guys. Glen asked if anyone would
choreograph/dance again next year, and I can tell you right now that
if I'm in sg this time next year, I'd do it. (tho after this yr, im
not sure if anyone wants to dance in my items anymore. heheh.)

Despite the shit we got from *censored*, the frustrating
attendance issues, burning-hole-in-the-pocket costumes... It was sure
as hell worth it once we took to the stage. And i'm sure you guys
agree with me."

"Thank you for putting up with my constant nagging, scolding, and overall
inexperience as a first-time choreographer. You guys made my dream of
choreographing a hiphop item at the Esplanade come true."


Therapy: Tuesday night's dance alumni gathering at Hui's house with fantastic food (as always), and screenings of Little Britain, and 3 years' worth of past Rapture concerts. (I tell you, nothing interests a dancer more than watching himself/herself on stage. Which is why I'm so irked esplanade didnt allow video recordings for this year's Rapture.)
Tomorrow's post concert dinner reception with our beloved juniors at SAJC. Hooray!

Last dance,
last dance for love
yes, it's my last chance, for romance tonight

I need you, by me,
beside me, to guide me,
to hold me, to scold me,
'cause when I'm bad, I'm so, so bad

So let's dance, the last dance
let's dance, the last dance
let's dance, this last dance tonight

-"Last Dance" by Donna Summer

he rocked the party at 8:31 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.