Monday, July 10, 2006

Heading Out of the World Cup

Well, this is probably the first time I'm blogging about something even remotely related to soccer, so hooray! It's a momentous moment.

Was out watching the final between France and Italy with buddies Nolan, Eugene, Ervin, and a long missing Kuan Sian on sunday, one of those im-damn-stupid-for-staying-up-cause-im-already-exhausted-and-have-work-tomorrow things, but who could resist being part of the 1.4 billion people watching it at the same time? A truly epic event indeed.

Anyway, I'm ashamed to say I know nuts about soccer cause i dont have cable and im too lazy to wake up at night to follow it anyway. However, I was supporting France because 1)I at least know a little something about Zidane and Henry to respect their playing, and 2) The New Paper reported that 7 out of 8 fengshui masters polled (and not "poled" as Nolan thinks) say France was going to win, so I wanted to see if fengshui would prevail against the experts, who were all gunning for Italy.

Well of course, we all know what happened. Zidane headbutted Materazzi, got sent off, Trezeguet missed a penalty and Italy went on to win the World Cup. I was actually amazingly disappointed. Its such a bitch when an obviously more deserving team loses, plus my heart goes out to Zidane, whose retirement game had to be mauled by such an event.

I dont know what Materazzi said to Zidane, but unless its "I'll give you 20 million Euros to headbutt me on my chest right now", there's no reason why he should have done that. Dammit man.

Still, its a beautiful game. I might just become a fan after all.

he rocked the party at 7:11 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.