Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Gym Prim

Today I did the most metrosexual activity with the bruddas yet:

We worked out together and went for a BODYPUMP class aaattt... -get this- CALIFORNIA FITNESS CENTRE at orchard! Oh maahh gawwrsh. It was so so so metro man. But strangely invigorating.

Lemme explain how it started. See, eug got his 2 yr membership from his parents for his birthday present. So, he signed nol, ervin and i up for a free 2 week trial membership where we could use any of the facilities and take any of the classes. Since they have hiphop, body combat and other stuff I thought it'll be the perfect chance to penetrate (uhmm.. that didnt sound right now did it) that facinating world of california fitness centre that we always see from the outside but never got a chance to explore.

So nol and i went down to the centre to pick up our trial membership cards, expecting to just pick it up and go, however, it turned into a full-blown tour, body fat test, and sales pitch to sell us a year long membership. That was hilarious in itself. Our over-friendly and very ahlian customer service officer tried alternating between professional sounding english to taiwanese-worthy teh-ness.

One of the priceless things she said:
(in professional sounding english)
"So, our club is open from 6am to 12 midnight, and we're open 365 days a year..
(and in teh-ed chinese)
...suo yi, bu yao gen wo jiang ni men mei you shi jian LOR"
(translation: ... so dont tell me you guys dont have enough time LOOOORR") -with emphasis on the "lor" indeed.

Anyway, we went down today to check it out and try the bodypump class, highly recommended by eugene. And for good reason too! Felt really shoik and sweaty after the class, with muscles burning (no doubt a result of several blissfully slack months).

Ladies and gentlemen, the myths are true: The guys are fantastically good-looking, with perfect complexions, buffed and toned bodies, and a taste for branded metrosexual clothes. I suspect that a high percentage of them are also totally gay. We were on our way to the sauna wrapped in our towels when this hunky guy gave us a hair-falling-down-his-face-dopey-eyed stare. Oh gosh. And though i'm normally alright with changing in front of guys, I was really hesitant to take off my undies in the changing room. Felt everyone was staring.

Still, I cant help but wish I was as good-looking as them. Im not exaggerating when I say about 80% of the guys there fit the image of how I wished I'd look like. We came to the conclusion that the 4 of us are probably one of the ugliest (trial) members they have.

So here comes the dilemma: This is one of the things I've told myself that I'd do because I never had the chance to before. There's a 3 month package which would fit just right before my flight to Penn. If I get eugene's job at orchard, it would make it all the more convenient. However, at $79 a month, (plus a $100 enrolment fee) its a tad expensive and who says I'm gonna be able to commit for 3 months anyway?

Decisions, decisions. My life seems to want to take on so many damn things now, and I just cant squeeze them into 7 days a week. I just cant.

he rocked the party at 9:43 AM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.