Thursday, February 23, 2006

Go Shorty, It's Your Birthday

Sorry for the long hiatus folks, life has been moving at such a sickenly frenzied pace that I havent had time to relax, chill and blog. Last week was filled with driving lessons, dance classes, (frustrating) song mixing sessions..

This week was worse. I believe I'm waay too nice to my bosses, so much so that I sacrifice 4 out of 5 days of leave to go back to work and do a(bloodyfreakinirritating) map planning exercise till 11.40pm for 3 days straight. Gosh. Is it a characteristic of army to squeeze you dry, or are corporations around the world the same? Or perhaps its just me, who cant say "no", especially to my reallyreally nice boss, who asks you "Dy, sorry to trouble you on your leave but can you come back to work?" Ahhhh crap.

Satisfaction came only last night when, after 3 days of nonstop work, without even time to eat, when my boss clapped me on the shoulder and said "Thank goodness you're here. I dont know how I'd cope without you." Awww..

Anyway, yes, sorry I was supposed to talk about Birthdays! Having been inspired by Rox's fantastic birthday last sunday (with lots of hot gals - dammit, i should've just gone to smu!) I've decided that yes, spending $2000 for my one and only 21st birthday IS money spent on something worthwhile after all.

I checked out Isaac's recommendation Loof recently, and wow, it looks great! A really stylo open air bar on the roof, with wooden floors, squashy armchairs, candles, and cute silhouettes for deco. Not sure about the cost yet, but it looks set to be around $3000. Only catch: They can only block out half the place so I wont have the entire space, and I cant book it on fridays and saturdays. Hmmm.

A cheaper and much cosier alternative would be Hard Rock Cafe's function room, as recommended by Fel during dinner there on monday. Isnt as classy as Loof, but it has its own bar and music, includes food and free flow of drinks, and happy hour prices for alcoholic drinks. It looks a little squashy though, but the manager assured me it can comfortably fit 50 people.

So how?? Choices, choices! Anyone got other places to recommend?

he rocked the party at 6:40 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.