Monday, October 10, 2005

Office Blues

Y'know, I'm starting to wonder if the civilian working world is as miserable as that of the army world. I mean, I took up the post of Dy S2 so that I could get a taste of what the office life is like, and not compromise on the exciting stuff that commandos has to offer as well. And well, if this is what a civilian office life is like, it's certainly very different from what i envisioned it to be.

I suppose I can say I like office life as it is when I've got a set jobscope to do. (And which doesnt make me extend my working hours beyond 8 to 6.. hehheh)It's the frickin' extra duties and arrows that fly towards me, office politics, commander-pacifying, co-worker relationships that are really frustrating. And im hoping (like mad) that the regimentation, the red-tape, the inefficiency and all the other crap found in the SAF wont appear out in the civilian world.

In the army, you dont get rewarded for being good at something. Usually, being proficient at a certain task simply means that you'd get arrowed to do it again and again, without question, because "you're so good at it waad..". On the contrary, a real bum whom everybody hates to give work to cause he'll screw it up, ends up having the most free time.

It's like a communist community, really, the way everyone gets paid the same amount, but one does more work than another. I suppose its more widespread in the army, when your salary (and future) is pretty much decided upon from the start. It may sound crazy, but money is a poor motivator when it comes to doing work for the army. Simply because its not. worth. it.

Needless to say, the sucking up to commanders by some superiors is disgusting. I suppose in a "communist" environment such as this, those that are trapped in it have no other alternative to boost their jobs in their favour. Its a sad sad world.

But it sometimes leaves me to wonder: Is the real world like this too?

I should just be a student for life.

he rocked the party at 4:33 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.