Sunday, July 24, 2005

The American Dream

Visited the Experiences fair for US universities yesterday. And yes, i feel the bug once again, that familiar feeling of excitement, ambition and colour which fills my mind and makes me wanna jump out of my skin. I feel that im not doing enough, that i havent been doing enough, that i should be working harder and be more serious about this whole thing. I DO wanna make it work. I want to study in lovely old mahagony libraries surrounded by old volumes of books. I want to have lessons on a sunshiny grass patch, with my bearded professor sitting on a field chair explaining economic theory. I want to wear trench coats and build snowmen. I want to have friends from all over the world. I want wear a sweater with my college name emblazoned on it, cheering during football games. I want nights out in quiant towns, with alfresco cafes and hip-hop clubs..

I've narrowed the list down to:
UPenn's College (and hopefully, on deb's advice, make it to Wharton through the "back door")
NYU's Stern - to do accounting and economics
USC - ditto
UC Berkeley - to do economics, its a bitch that they dont allow students to take subjects across schools, so i cant do accounting.
Brown - likewise.

At least i've (finally) decided on majors i'd really like to do. A Bach of Science in Econs and an accounting major would be the perfect combi. Anyone know anywhere is which is good for those?

There's lots to do. I've got application essays to write, teachers to beg for testimonials, credentials to compile.. not to mention my driving lessons to take, though that's irrelevant. Why oh why oh why am i still in the army? Its such a bitch.

I'm excited, yes.. But am i really going to leave her behind for four years? Though i probably already know the answer to that.. I just hope God will make everything work out. Love makes everything possible after all. Faith. In Him, and in us.

he rocked the party at 8:36 PM |

the Dude

-hip hopper at heart-tells bad jokes-in love with his reflection-cant live without noodles-smiles too cheerfully-tries to be charming-hates bad english-speaks bad chinese-cant remember names-thinks he's too skinny-chills with the guys-flirts with the ladies (he wishes)-collects experiences-blogs his life, his experiences and his innermost thoughts for your reading pleasure-
email
facebook

Dance With Me

Old Skool

04/01/2003 - 05/01/2003
05/01/2003 - 06/01/2003
06/01/2003 - 07/01/2003
07/01/2003 - 08/01/2003
08/01/2003 - 09/01/2003
09/01/2003 - 10/01/2003
10/01/2003 - 11/01/2003
11/01/2003 - 12/01/2003
12/01/2003 - 01/01/2004
01/01/2004 - 02/01/2004
02/01/2004 - 03/01/2004
03/01/2004 - 04/01/2004
04/01/2004 - 05/01/2004
05/01/2004 - 06/01/2004
06/01/2004 - 07/01/2004
07/01/2004 - 08/01/2004
08/01/2004 - 09/01/2004
09/01/2004 - 10/01/2004
10/01/2004 - 11/01/2004
11/01/2004 - 12/01/2004
12/01/2004 - 01/01/2005
01/01/2005 - 02/01/2005
02/01/2005 - 03/01/2005
03/01/2005 - 04/01/2005
04/01/2005 - 05/01/2005
05/01/2005 - 06/01/2005
06/01/2005 - 07/01/2005
07/01/2005 - 08/01/2005
08/01/2005 - 09/01/2005
09/01/2005 - 10/01/2005
10/01/2005 - 11/01/2005
11/01/2005 - 12/01/2005
12/01/2005 - 01/01/2006
01/01/2006 - 02/01/2006
02/01/2006 - 03/01/2006
03/01/2006 - 04/01/2006
04/01/2006 - 05/01/2006
05/01/2006 - 06/01/2006
06/01/2006 - 07/01/2006
07/01/2006 - 08/01/2006
08/01/2006 - 09/01/2006
09/01/2006 - 10/01/2006
10/01/2006 - 11/01/2006
11/01/2006 - 12/01/2006
12/01/2006 - 01/01/2007
01/01/2007 - 02/01/2007
02/01/2007 - 03/01/2007
03/01/2007 - 04/01/2007
04/01/2007 - 05/01/2007
05/01/2007 - 06/01/2007
06/01/2007 - 07/01/2007
07/01/2007 - 08/01/2007
08/01/2007 - 09/01/2007
09/01/2007 - 10/01/2007
10/01/2007 - 11/01/2007
11/01/2007 - 12/01/2007
12/01/2007 - 01/01/2008
01/01/2008 - 02/01/2008
02/01/2008 - 03/01/2008
03/01/2008 - 04/01/2008
04/01/2008 - 05/01/2008
05/01/2008 - 06/01/2008

<< current

In da Mix

Adri
Amanda
Andrea
Calvin
Chia How
Christine
Cynthia
Debbie
Eugene
Fabian
Felicia
Fiona
Georgi
Jason Chew
Jennifer
Kai-Ting
Kenny
Kelly
Lem
Michelle
Rachelle
Renhua
SAJC Dance

other beats

This page is powered by Blogger.

Weblog Commenting and Trackback by HaloScan.com

credits

Designed by felsy, image designed by felsy, brushes from Vbrush, 84percent and at0mica.net.